Customer Care Manager
The Customer Care Manager at Reimbursify is a full-time salaried position, reporting to the COO. The location is flexible (can be anywhere). This individual is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our Customer Care Department, which currently consists of three representatives. Your duties as the head of the department include communicating Customer Care objectives to the department, compiling data to make assessments of the department’s progress and coordinating with upper management to find ways to constantly improve overall customer satisfaction. A successful Customer Care Manager at Reimbursify uses both technical expertise and interpersonal skills to run their team and engage with customers. This person is a manager, a leader and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done (including handling customer interactions directly).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise Customer Care Team. Supervisory duties include hiring, training and motivating staff to perform effectively. Our Customer Care Manager must also create an environment where employees feel valuable to the organization.
- Respond to customer inquiries. Customers (practitioners and/or their patients) contact us when they have questions about our products or services. Staff may interact with customers across several channels, including phone/zoom and email. The Customer Care Manager must ensure that responses are accurate and provided in a timely manner, regardless of the channel.
- Develop policies and procedures. Policies and procedures make up the playbook that Customer Care agents follow to resolve customer inquiries. Policies and procedures must balance satisfying customer needs and supporting the goals of the organization. They require continual review and revision as customer needs change and the business evolves.
- Develop goals and report progress. There are many Customer Care metrics that could be monitored and reported on. But the key is to determine which metrics are the most important to our organization and create goals and objectives around those. Progress toward those goals will be reported at the individual and department levels on a regular basis.
- Focus on customer satisfaction. This means addressing customer “pain points,” adjusting policies and procedures, ensuring agents are well trained, measuring customer satisfaction, responding to customer feedback and informing the rest of the organization when changes need to be made to our product, operations and/or messaging (sales and marketing). Higher satisfaction can lead to larger spend, higher customer retention and favorable referrals. While customers may not always get the response they want, managers must ensure the message is delivered in an effective manner. And if possible, alternative options should be provided to the customer. An empathetic and professional attitude toward customers must be maintained at all times.
- Continue to learn. The practices and tools that support a Customer Care organization are constantly evolving. The Customer Care Manager should constantly read articles, participate in webinars and attend conferences to stay up to date on technology changes and practices.
Key qualifications and requirements:
- Previous related work experience. The Customer Care Manager position is not an entry-level role, so previous experience interacting with customers and leading a team of employees is essential. Our software products and services are fairly complex and involve interacting with multiple technology platforms, both internal and external, that are also complex and evolving. Strong technical acumen is an important qualification for this position. Knowledge of how healthcare offices and/or the healthcare insurance industry operates is also a strong plus.
- Strong communication skills. Successful leaders can communicate with team members across a variety of media. Leaders must be able to share and receive information, requiring strong verbal and written communication skills. Communications can be both formal and informal, and the Customer Care Manager must be able to adjust communications for their target audience.
- Strong leadership skills. The customer service manager must be able to work with people with different needs. They must also create an environment and reward system that will motivate employees to perform at their peak.
- Proficiency using software. We use a lot of software in our organization to provide structure, organization and communication with staff. The Customer Care Manager must have a minimal competency level and be comfortable using tools such as Google Workspace (or similar office productivity software), Zoom (or similar teleconferencing software), Freshdesk (or similar helpdesk software), Slack (or similar real-time communication software). Our products and services are accessed via web browsers on computers, as well as mobile apps installed on Android and iOS smartphones. Proficiency with these operating systems is essential.
Summary of requirements and skills:
- Proven working experience as a Customer Care/Service Manager
- Experience in providing customer service support across multiple channels
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Ability to think strategically and to lead
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service orientation
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related field